Cookie Dough - Guest Mix 1 - Henry Greenwood






A few words from Henry...
This was simultaneously the most fun and the hardest thing to do! I decided to go with the honest approach. I’ll probably live to regret it, but when I was 9, I was into pop music, and that ‘s how I’ve started the mix – If you stick with it past the early guilty pleasures (i.e. ace pop tunes) I’ll be really grateful!

The mix ended up quite organically in three sections. It kicks off with tunes I loved growing up, gradually moving into a house party/bar residency/studenty theme. The second section moves into 4/4 territory, and the third section has a kind of after-hours vibe. There are a few pop culture references sprinkled throughout for you as well if you like that sort of thing.

This is a pretty good snapshot, but couldn’t be definitive - it was so hard to keep it to around 90 minutes! There was a whole 2-step/rave/DnB section that hit the cutting room floor, and there’s very little disco as the two Roller Disco mixes I’ve done kind of have that covered. It was a really personal thing to do actually, I relived some really nice memories and hopefully it explains some of the bits and bobs I come up with. Thanks to Ste and Terser for the opportunity to self-indulge!

1. Ghostbusters OST – Arrival At The Library
2. Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
3. Paula Abdul – Straight Up
4. Salt N Pepa – Shoop
5. Naughty By Nature – Hip Hop Hooray
6. Bobby Brown – On Our Own
7. Nu Shooz – I Can’t Wait
8. Alessi – Savin’ The Day
9. The Blue Boy – Remember Me (Sure Is Pure Remix)
10. Chad Jackson – Hear The Drummer (Get Wicked)
11. Bananarama – Cruel Summer
12. Michael Jackson – Another Part Of Me
13. Jimmy “Bo” Horne – Dance Across The Floor
14. Gwen Mcrae – All This Love I’m Givin’
15. James Brown – The Payback Mix Pt I
16. De La Soul – A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturday
17. Chic – I Want Your Love
18. Wham – Wham Rap
19. Barry White – Love Is The Icon (Roger’s Midnite Luv Mix)
20. Inner City – Pennies From Heaven
21. T-empo – Saturday Night, Sunday Morning.
22. The Adventures Of Stevie V – Dirty Cash (Money Talks)
23. The Cardigans – Erase/Rewind (Dimitri From Paris remix)
24. D:Ream –U R The Best Thing (Sasha Full Mix)
25. Pulse – The Lover That You Are
26. Les Rhythmes Digitales – Dreamin’
27. Mekon featuring Roxanne Shanté – What’s Going On? (Junior Cartier remix)
28. Janet Jackson featuring Q-Tip – Got Til It’s Gone
29. Dilated Peoples – Worst Comes To Worst
30. The Brothers Johnson – Strawberry Letter 23
31. Hybrid – Sinequanon
32. Jeremy Glenn – New Life