Cookie Dough Com - Guest Mix 4





1. Rock your Baby - George McRae 1974. I included this because it was the first disco track I ever heard on the radio. It's also a big favourite of my wife Wilma. So it's special for 2 reasons!
2. Love's Theme - Barry White and the Love Unlimited Orchestra. This was the theme song on a TV music show called "Sounds" in Australia. The show ran for years so lot's of early music memories with this piece. It's also probably the most beautiful instrumental ever recorded and I just had to have it here!
3. Fernando - ABBA. Also one of the very first times I remember hearing music and paying attention to it. Plus my young hormones reacted whenever I saw Agnetha and Frida on TV!
4. You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Lou Rawles. One of my sisters had a double LP called "Disco fever" on K-Tel that this track was on.This song had a big impact on me and made me realise how much I loved Disco!
5. Groove Me - Fern Kinney. One of the very first 12" singles I heard and was drawn to the hypnotic 3 min break in the middle. I still drag this sucker out! One of the sexiest dance records ever.
6. Are Friends Electric? - Tubeway Army. A friend of mine's brother had the LP "Replicas" and it's probably the first New Wave record I ever heard and was also drawn to Gary's look. What a legend.
7. Images of Heaven - Peter Godwin. By 1982 I was well and truly into the New Wave and electronic sounds coming out of Europe. In recent years I have become friends with Peter Godwin. He has re-sung "Images of Heaven" for me so I am currently working on a brand new remix of it. How lucky am I?
8. Something - Shirley Bassey. The Diva of all Divas! Coming from an English family I grew up with my parents playing Shirley Bassey all the time. Pure class.
9. Downtown - Petula Clark. Sweet memories and one of the most perfect pop records ever.
10. Shaft - Issac Hayes Probably the coolest soul record ever from one of the coolest artists ever. What a jam!
11. You make me (feel mighty real) - Sylvester The very first 12" record I bought in '79. I was lucky enough to see him live and meet him in 1986 and now have a cat named after him.
12. The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel - Grandmaster Flash. I used to hear this on a radio station in Australia called Triple J. This cut up is when I started paying a bit more attention to Rap and Hip Hop.
13. Native Love (Step by Step) - Divine. Bobby Orlando was one of my favorite producers in the 80's and Divine was just hilariously outrageous. The sequencer bass in this track is just as fabulous as Donna Summer's "I feel love" hypnotic bass line. The first time I took acid this was played at 5 am (on a dance floor with 8,000 people on it) 
I will never forget the power of this record on a great sound system.
14. Hit 'n run Lover - Carol Jiani. The first time I heard this I was drawn to Hi-Nrg and the production of Denis and Denise Lepage of Lime fame. I worked with Carol Jiani on a cover of Company B's "Fascinated" in 2006 and it was released on a couple of compilations in Europe. We are still in touch and are planning something again for the near future.
15. Sea Hunt - Patrick Cowley. I love so much of Patrick's work.This record is so haunting it gives me chills when I hear it. In my eyes it's early Trance music.
16. Children - Robert Miles. While on the subject of Trance this is one of Trance's best pieces and reminds me of lasers, good friends and being "loved up":-)
17. Fired Up - Funky Green Dogs. NYC house producer Peter Rauhofer is one of my favorite producer / DJ's ever. His remix of this song made me fall in love with the whole NY House scene and in so doing I discovered Junior Vasquez and Danny Tenaglia as well.
18. Time - Culture Club. Boy George not only is a brilliant artist but has been groundbreaking in so many ways. Beautiful song and the production on this with those live strings is really quite sensational.
19. Never Too Much - Luther Vandross. Luther is my favorite male vocalist ever. It was hard deciding whether to put this on or "the "Glow of love" Both classics!
20. One Day I'll Fly Away - Randy Crawford. I'm a real sucker for gut wrenching heart felt songs that make you really feel something. This song conjures up all sorts of emotions for me and I hope it's played at my funeral!