Dr Packer - Class Of '86 (Megamix)





Class Of 1986 Megamix was something i did about 10 years ago which was initially a personal mix for myself and close friends only , i never intended at the time to upload it on the internet, it was put together using 'SL 1200' turntables and 100% Vinyl from my own personal collection, i used 'Pro Tools' for extra layering , editing and scratching samples over the top , the mix took 7 weeks to complete...
1986 was a special year for me , it was the first year i got a job therefore i was able to purchase vinyl on a regular basis , by the end of that year my record collection was starting to look like a real DJ's collection...
I felt this year was important as you could buy compilations that would have 'Hip Hop , Rap , Funk , Soul , Go-Go & House' all on the same album , there was no genre splitting back then and so much exciting music around in that particular year , i had always wanted to do a massive mix of my favourite tunes from that year.